Monday, June 26, 2006

Ask Rotomusing

Q6: Mike T asks, "I got proposed an interesting trade today in one of my yahoo leagues, I was curious what your thoughts were on it.

I give Sizemore, I get Lugo and J.D. Drew.

My starting and only SS is Greene. For OF's I got Giles/Holliday/Figgins/Sanders and Sizemore.

I'm just wondering, is it worth it to get Drew? He aint looking to hot, is always an injury concern and plays in Dodger stadium half the year. Lugo is nice for steals and average.

Initially I say good trade, nice and even, then I think about it, and think about Drew and I kinda go errrrrrrrrrr.

What are your thoughts?"


A: Rotomusing responds:

"Thanks for the email.

I agree with your initial reaction. It is a fair offer.

Sizemore is the best player involved in the deal, but Lugo is a substantial upgrade over Greene especially in the AVG department and Drew should match Sizemore AVG-wise. This makes it a winner for you in that category.

I also expect Lugo to out-steal Sizemore/Greene so you'd win there also.

As long as Drew remains "healthy", and by Drew's defintion, that means playing 75 games over the rest of the season, you should do well.

I do have one question, though. Are there no better OF options in the free agent pool than Reggie Sanders?"

No comments: