Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Elvis Andrus vs. Jose Tabata

BaseballAmerica.com: Prospects: The Comp: Elvis Andrus vs. Jose Tabata

Baseball America has been running this type of article this year.

I personally enjoy them for the pure informational nature - seeing how scouts assess the physicality of young players.

From a Rotissserie angle, I know BA's ratings heavily influence the value my league mates put on prospects.

I also know BA speaks with scouts to help determine their assessments and rankings.

Hearing from a scout or two in this feature provides "inside" information on how the Top 100 list will look next March.

Will Andrus be ranked higher than Tabata? I doubt that, but Andrus will be ranked in the Top 100 and that will be enough to place Rotisserie value on him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking for another fourth OF. I picked up Kevin Mench but he's been below par while with the Brewers. Xavier Nady is available as a FA. Would this be an upgrade to get Nady and release Mench. Like I said I would just use whomever as a bench/fourth OF.

Both have limited AB's since being traded, but Nady seems to be playing above his numbers, while Mench has dropped in all areas of hitting. Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I'd stay away from Mench. He has stunk but for that 9-HR stretch from April 21 through May 4.

Nady will be more consistent.

Cory Hart would be a better option than both.

Regardless, any regular OF will be a better option.