Friday, April 06, 2007

Day 4

Notes from yesterday:

Armando Benitez saved his first game of 2007. As long as he stays healthy, he will close all season for the Giants who have no serious alternatives right now. I have little doubt he was one of the draft day bargains. How can he not be when the baseball press continually derides him?

*

Arizona's 5th starter Edgar Gonzalez struck out seven in five innings of work. He is a pitcher to watch. As one of my sleepers, I grabbed him for $3 in my NL-only draft and expect him to continue doing well.

*

Elijah Dukes homered in his 2nd professional game and drew another walk. Is it too early to place him in the ROY discussion along with Dice-K and Alex Gordon? No, but I wanted to get ahead of myself.

*

Daisake Matsuzaka struck out 10 Royals in his major league debut. I want to see him a couple more times before declaring him a legitimate Cy Young candidate, too.

No comments: