Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Florida Marlins 1B

Gaby Sanchez building a strong case for earning starting job with the Marlins - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com:

"Sanchez pointed out that he hit 16 home runs in 85 games at New Orleans last year, an improvement over the 17 he hit in 133 games at Carolina in 2008.

'Given a lot of at-bats, he may be a 20 home run guy,' Gonzalez said. 'Fifteen to 20 in his first year, I will take that. I am not worried about it.'

Sanchez feels he has made a strong case for earning the job.

'So far, not much I could do more. I feel like I have been hitting the ball well and seeing a lot of pitches,' Sanchez said. 'When we get down to the end, which is pretty soon now, basically whatever happens happens.'

With third baseman Jorge Jimenez going back to the Red Sox, it appears what will happen is Sanchez will get the job, since Cantu is now a lock for third."

No comments: