Saturday, January 07, 2006

NL ROY

On his eponymous website, John Sickels posted a question about the 2006 NL Rookie-of-the-Year.

The choices are Jeremy Heremida, Prince Fielder, Ryan Zimmerman, Matt Cain and Somebody Else. The leader amongst his readers is Hermida at 32% followed by Prince Fielder at 21%. Cain and Zimmerman garner 13% each and Somebody Else gets 19%.

My rationale was based on a combination of which ones I think will have the best seasons and how the their teams will do. I expect Cain's Giants to be the best and Hermida's Marlins to be the worst. Fielder's Brewers will finish second and Zimmerman's Nationals third.

I also believe Fielder will have the worst AVG (.250ish). This will seriously handicap his chances of winning, and I belive Zimmerman's numbers were be hampered by RFK Stadium (HR and AVG).

Jeremy Hermida will have the best 4X4 numbers and garner a lot of attention.

Matt Cain will have very good stats for a rookie pitcher (High 3s ERa with 150+ strikeouts) and be on a play-off contending team.

As such, I chose Matt Cain despite preferring Hermida for my Roto team.

No comments: