Monday, December 12, 2005

Trading

I sent an inquiry to the team that just lost Soriano to the NL figuring he had already committed to protecting him at his salary ($43). My bait was a $36 Ichiro.

He asked what I was interested in and I mentioned weither of the SS.

He looked at my team and responded I had more keepable players than I could protect.

And that was it.

Shouldn't he have known to make an offer with two players from my team? Or three? Doesn't everyone know to do this?

Apparently not.

As a result, our discussions have morphed into me holding his hand and trying to teach him how to negotiate Roto trades. Needless to say this is like a joke where you have to explain the punchline - not fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think half of the fantasy players dont know how to make a value trade, trade for need. They rather sit on their thumbs and hope for the best..

Its like teaching a guy how to raise not just call when he has the stone cold nuts in poker...

IMHO said...

I was in three leagues with a majority of teams having been in each league for more than 5 years and still, no one made trades that took into account your needs/surplus value.

Sadly, I have to agree. Half sounds about right.

I will only be in two this year because I am dropping out of one. All the teams can analyze a balance sheet and assess financila risk but couldn't get themselves to make a trade nor initiate discussions until 30 minutes before the weekly deadline.