Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Drew Vs. Tulowitzki

Minor League Ball :: Drew Vs. Tulowitzki - Who do you pick and Why?

Yet again, another great diary over on John Sickel's minorleagueball.

What I found interesting was the comment comparing a scout's ratings of the two players.

Fielding: Tulo 65, Drew 50
Arm Strength: Tulo 65, Drew 60
Hitting: Tulo 50, Drew 70
Speed: Tulo 50, Drew 50
Power: Tulo 65, Drew 55

Other than "Hitting,", Tulowitzki out-scores Drew and notice "hitting" is different than "power."

Since there is no link, I can't verify the verity of the posters ratings, but, if correct, then Tulowitzki is the better prospect right now and should be acquired as cheaply as possible before this info gets out.

2 comments:

savethejellyfish said...

I don't buy the difference in the Power rating. Drew has absolutely dominated at times - his SLG was over .700+ for most of his A stint and his AFL stint was similar. Tulowitzki has a high doubles rate and some HR's this year at AA, but I'm just not seeing any power difference there, and given Drew's stints at lower levels, I actually think he has more power than Tulowitzki. Tulowitzki is definitely bigger than Drew, and maybe the rating is based on projection, but there's really nothing to that projection yet in terms of results.

I like Tulowitzki - I have him in an NL-only and traded him away in a mixed league that I wanted to contend in this year, but I don't think he's the class of Wood or Drew.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. TT is on my NL-only.

I posted the ratings because they were very surprising esp since Drew has done well in the majors.

And projections stop mattering once actual major league performance becomes available.

I'd take Wood over either prior to Drew's recall, but success is hard to ignore albeit in a small sample size.