Tuesday, April 22, 2008

David Ortiz Trade Update

I decided to pull back on the David Ortiz proposal I received. Honestly, I accepted Grady Sizemore/Casey Blake for David Ortiz/Travis Buck, but the other team did not immediately accept which allowed me to take my cold feet out of the deal. Ortiz has since raised his AVG to .172 with 7 RBIs and a HR.

Interestingly, the Sizemore team did trade him for a power bat - Manny Ramirez. I actually think I did that team a favor because I like Manny a little better - a $20MM contract push plus no concerns about a horrendous season-opening slump.

In my ballot for AL MVP for Baseball Happenings, I voted Manny as the AL MVP through the first three weeks. That isn't really close as the AL is severely lacking in the Triple Crown categories that I think largely determine the MVP vote.

Here is my ballot posted at Fake Teams.

No comments: