Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Fantasy Baseball: Albert Pujols Had Tommy John Surgery?

Is this an example of everything the old information gatekeepers complain about the new information dispersers?

Baseball Prospectus | Under The Knife: Down and Out:

"There was a small triangular scar at the back. I was a bit surprised to see it, because it's well-known that Pujols had ulnar transposition surgery, not Tommy John surgery; it's TJS that creates the distinct triangular scar. I'm no scar scholar, but I know that UTS usually leaves a player with a linear scar, one that's (warning—these links are pretty graphic) large and quite noticeable, even almost a year later. Pujols' was done to minimize damage, so that it's smaller is no real surprise. That it looks just like a Tommy John scar is something to note, though I want it to be clear that I don't think the team or Pujols is hiding anything here."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ray here-I am curious why Will posted it if he didn't think the Cards were hiding anything. The quote that got me was how huge Albert was compared to Trou Glaus. hmmmmm....