Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Jeremy Hermida

Wow. A grand slam in his first major league AB. SI jumped the gun on Francouer. A couple weeks wait and both would have made a great cover.

I've been thinking about next year's NL minor league draft and can not come up with sure fire studs. Stephen Drew and Ryan Zimmerman are the obvious ones. Carlos Quentin, too, but I wouldn't expect him not to have been taken last draft. The same with Joel Guzman. Andy LaRoche was takne in my NL draft but I can see him not having been taken in most other ones.

But when I think about all the rookies this season, I understand better. Jeff Francouer. Jeremy hermida. Ryan Howard. Matt Cain. Brian McCann. Victor Diaz. Ryan Church. Andy Marte. Conor Jackson. Willy Tavares. Richie Weeks. Prince Fielder. Cory Hart. Zach Duke. Brad Eldred. Matt Murton. Brad Hawpe. Clint Barmes.

That is quite a wave of futre All-Stars. Maybe the minors need to rebuild its talent base?

No comments: