Thursday, August 18, 2005

League Sites

One of my NL leagues uses All-Star Stats and has done so for many years.

I have moved, or provided support for, the other two leagues I compete in to TQ Stats service.

Mostly, it was a financial decision as TQS was $100 or so and ASS was over $500.

Every so often during the season and off-season, a team or two agitate to go back to ASS because it is easier on the eyes.

The underlying assumption was both sites provided the same statistical information and updates.

However, that no longer seems to be true. ASS has been updating their standings late every morning whereas TQS is updated by the time I awake for work (6 AM or so).

I was only aware that ASS wasn't updated by the time I left for work (6:45 AM). By the time I called my brother in Seattle near lunch time (12 PM), the standings would be updated.

What has occurred is my brother moved to RI in July and can check ASS all frickin' morning waiting for the latest standings - and they are not up!

He guesses ASS needs more capacity. I wonder whether their extravagent fees relative to the rest of the market have finally caught-up to them and have caused a drop in revenue.

No comments: