Monday, October 03, 2005

Finish

5th in my AL thanks is great part to Curt Schilling, Jarrod Washburn and Bob Wickman. (8, 8, and 0 wins, respectively, for 2 points total in wins.)

Also, Curt Schilling's horrendous ratios.

Other than that, I had 9 points in HR, RBI and AVG and 10 points in SB for hitting. For pitching, I finished with 9 points in Saves, 8 points in ERA (Schilling be damned!), the aforementioned 2 in Wins, and 2 points in WHIP.

Overall, a decent season as I had to overcome the immediate drop to the lower third in the standings for most of the 1st half. I also benefitted from an astute eye for call-ups as I grabbed Jonny Gomes and Scott Baker for $5 each. Either will get a good return this off-season.

Amongst my disappointments are missing that Gerald Laird was not on the active roster when I drafted him for $1. Chris Widger did just fine as a do-no-harm 2nd catcher, though. Although Ichiro had a good year (15 HR .303 AVG and 33 SB), I counted on a much higher AVG (not .370) and a couple handfuls more SB. Either of which would have made a difference of a couple points.

I projected incorrectly on Ichiro, Schilling and Washburn and did not receive any contributions in Saves from Tom Gordon or JJ Putz.

Amongst my successes were trading Tony Womack right after his 14 SB tear for Craig Monroe, drafting Emil Brown for $3, waiving him for Gomes at $5, and claiming Brown off waivers afterwards. Also, I didn't trade any relievers were turned into closers later in the season. ( I just hate that.)

No comments: