Friday, September 30, 2005

Denard Span

I've got 5 on my NL minor league draft list (at least 19 more to go).

On my AL list is the most obvious, Brandon Wood. Howie Kendrick is there, as is Jered Weaver.

Alex Gordon is defintely there.

Denard Span is the one I anticipate being available when my turn comes up at #8. Jason Kubel will get all the attention (rightly so), but Span is a SB with a very good OBP and an All-Star blocking him in Torii Hunter.

If Hunter does believe he will become prohibitively expensive for the Twins, Span will be the obvious choice to take over. 2007 looks good.

As important is he will generate the type of coverage in 2006 that will make him a desirable piece in a trade.

My top picks aren't as developed as my NL ones because I am picking so late in the round.

No comments: