Thursday, November 23, 2006

Really?

Matthews is the centerpiece - Los Angeles Times: "Matthews, a 32-year-old switch-hitter, was a career .249 hitter with a .324 on-base percentage and .397 slugging percentage for the first six years of an undistinguished big league career in which he played for seven organizations, was claimed on waivers three times, traded three times and released once."

I want to believe this information isn't indicative of future performance, but I can't.

I received an offer yesterday in my AL-only:

I give Adam Lind, Elijah Dukes and #8 for $3 Mathews and $35 Jim Thome,

It is a 12-team, AL-only 4x4 keeper league with a two-round minor league draft. I love prospects, but think this may be too good to pass-up. Both Lind and Dukes can be protected on the farm. Thoughts?

No comments: