Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Baseball Prospectus' Player Forecast Manager

Baseball Prospectus | Unfiltered

As I write, there are major problems with the Player Forecast Manager. Normally, I'd skip past the occasional inclusion of a minor leaguer, but the total salaries sum to $3120 ($260 cap times 23 rosters slots equals $3120).

This means the mistakes are taking actual draft dollars from legitmate players. Amongst the glaring errors - Michael Madsen $43.78, Brad Knox $32.68, Jamie Moyer $40.97, Jordan Zimmerman $34,30, etc. If these mistakes were made at the low end of the salaries, I'd ignore them despite the misallocation, but when the mistakes involve the elite salaries, I can't ignore it.

FWIW, the setting I used did not include an inflation calculation and KRod came out at $58.

No comments: