Monday, December 28, 2009

MLB Trade Rumors: Matt Holliday To Mets?

Talking Baseball With Mets GM Omar Minaya - NY Sports Day

For whatever reason, my browswer didn't allow my to select text from the article that reports Omar Minaya saying the New York Mets are pursuing Matt Holliday. While I think it is a smart move - Holliday has never been portrayed as anything less than a consumate professional, I am curious how far Scott Boras reaches in playing offf the Mets and the Cardinals.

That aside, I am leaning towards the believe the Mets need a star who can deflect attention from David Wright. The spotlight may have been too much for the 3B last season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ray here-quite possible. But Wright has not been quiet about his dislike for the dimensions of the new ballpark. Participated in a mock this morning, and Wright was drafted early 2nd round? I'm curious how a 10-80-.300 guys gets drafted in the 2nd round. OK....off my soapbox.

IMHO said...

I can't figure out why Wright isn't falling further. Without an injury disclosure, one is left with too many questions.

Taking Wright in the early second assumes his 2009 season never occurred. he may bounce back to the 30/30 level, but you're drafting him as if that is what he did.