Friday, September 22, 2006

Jeff Salazar

I see Jeff Salazar is hitting .250 in his first 28 major league ABs. I am not surpised, but I checked to see how he was doing drawing walks.

There I was somewhat surprised. He has drawn seven bases-on-balls for a .405 OBP.

I went and checked current Rox CF, Cory Sullivan, and he has drawn 30 BBs in 377 ABs with 97 Ks. Under some vague impression that he had improved his plate discipline, I checked his 2005 numbers.

Call me "mis-impressed." In 378 ABs, he walked 28 times and struck out 83 times. Not the type of improvement anyone would expect to lead to Jeff Salazar being denied the chance to fill that centerfield hole for the major league minimum in 2007.

Cory Sullivan did increase his XBH from a paltry 23 in 2005 to 38 this season with 10 triples, though.

No comments: