Monday, October 30, 2006

2007 Prospects

BaseballAmerica.com: Prospects: Prospect Pulse: Prospects Position Rankings

For those who can access the subscription-only content at Baseball America. Chris Kline has his Top 10 minor leaguers at each position (C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CF, CROF, RHSP, LHSP, CL) and a star rating based on future star depth.

The strongest positions are RHSP and CF.

Given Hughes and Bailey are RHSP, that shouldn't be too surprising. My 2007 "sleeper" is Tim Lincecum, and he ranks very highly based on his domination of younger players last year.

I can see Lincecum fireballing his way through the 7th or 8th inning.

CF has many of my favorites like Andrew McCutchen and Chris Young along with another 2007 "sleeper" Colby Rasmus.

It is a good list and one that can prove very helpful for 2007 fantasy baseball drafts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No subscription, but I'm curious to know who they picked at CF, which in my view, is probably the shallowest position in the league right now.

Anonymous said...

I believe he had Detroit's Cameron Maybin #1.