Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My First Trade Offers

Yesterday, I sent out two trade offers. One was serious, the other was just to prove that a team did not believe the load of crap he was selling when he offered the same player.

The crap offer was my $5 Brent Clevlen for his $5 Adam Loewen. I had been offered Clevlen in a multi-player trade proposal and was told he was a quality player who will be a big contributor next season.

He was subsequently waived by his owner. When he was recalled in September, I used the last of my FAAB on him as a flyer.

Adam Loewen has potential but his ratios are so high that he'd need incredible improvement just to qualify as "unharmful".

But he has upside and the off-season is long.

The serious offer was $9 Dioner Navarro for Daric Barton and a $4 Carl Pavano.

As a starting catcher in an AL-only 12-team league, Navarro would undoubtably be drafted for $5+. He would also be one of the few available starting catchers at next year's draft.

Barton is coming off an injury but was a 21-year-old in AAA, and $4 for Carl Pavano isn't outrageous. He is a trade risk though.

I am OK making either deal or not making either deal.

No comments: