Saturday, March 20, 2010

Brandon Wood Auction Value

Los Angeles Angels infielders, young pitchers hold key to Jason Grey's 2010 LABR success - ESPN:

"CI: Brandon Wood, $15. Perhaps the most questionable pick I made, even though I also had Izturis for insurance. Sometimes the price spent on a player depends on when his name is tossed for bidding and what's left at the time. When Wood was nominated, really all that was left at third base was Garrett Atkins, Edwin Encarnacion and Kevin Kouzmanoff. I wanted no part of Atkins, and correctly foresaw bidding wars developing on the other two that would push them beyond Wood's price, and I wanted to save the extra couple bucks so I didn't need to get any $1 pitchers. As for Wood, I point you to Brendan Roberts' fine take on Wood. I have seen Wood make some subtle adjustments that I think are going to allow him to stick in the majors, and even if he does hit just .250 with 20-25 homers as Brendan projects, that works for this price in AL-only play. And again, I also have Izturis if it doesn't pan out."

I have been debating raising Wood to $15 for 2010 and 2011.

No comments: