Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hughes Or Wood

Chat: Fantasy Baseball with Tristan Cockcroft - SportsNation - ESPN:

"Nick (Boston) Brandon Wood is killing me at CIF in an AL only league. Will he hit soon or should I dump him? Worth taking a shot on Rhyne Hughes?

Tristan H. Cockcroft (11:49 AM) I haven't been a Brandon Wood fan since he was rising the minor league ranks. He hasn't gotten a ton of opportunities, though I'd say enough of them to be able to tell he's more flawed a prospect than we might have thought five years ago. This might sound like a risky swap, and I might ease it in by shedding someone else and rostering both, but I could absolutely see Hughes outperforming Wood this season. Wood's batting average is not going to be good."

De facto, I made just this decision when I dealt Brandon Wood for Eric Chavez, J.P. Arencibia and Brett Morel and then waived Chavez to pick-up Rhyne Hughes.

No comments: