Monday, July 10, 2006

John Patterson

Patterson Will Rest Until He's Healthy

After finally breaking through last season, John Patterson has seen his follow-up campaign derailed by injuries.

Fortunately, they are not shoulder woes, and some would say elbow ones, but I'll hold-off going that far. (Disclaimer: I am not a docotr nor do I play one in any role.)

Why? Because Patterson's latest injury revolves around his right forearm and immediately adjacent to that body part is the elbow joint.

Anatomy aside. my first thought when reading he is going to shutdown until completely healthy was, "Buy low!" No doubt the opwner who drafted Patterson expected something close to last season's numers - 3.13 ERA, 1.19 WHIP and 185 Ks.

In limited action, he has done so - 40.2 IP 1.11 WHIP and 42 Ks.

I'll be trying to add him, an admittedly difficult task as I am in 1st place in my NL-only league and his owner is in 6th, but try I will.

Everyone else should have an easier time if Patterson is on a team competing for this season.

No comments: