Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Opinion

Everyone gets bad trade offers.

I usually dismiss mine as unserious.

However, I received one in my AL-only keeper league that was clearly well-rationalized, so I do not want to dismiss it out of hand.

If you would, could you offer your comments?

This is a 4X4 AL-only 12-team keeper league that has been in existence for 8 years with a deep two-round minor league draft.

The contract status goes A for 1st year, B then C. prior to the C year (3), a player can be signed for $5 per year.

I give-up $22B Barry Zito and $15B Jason Giambi and get $5B Jon Papelbon and $5C David DeJesus.

I have not responded yet, if only to show some respect for an offer that was given thought before being sent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both teams are competing for this season.

The Papelbon owner has 12 poitns in Saves and would still have jenks.

The team behind him in the category trails by 8 and only has Huston Street.

4 HRs separate 11 an 6 points in HR with the Papelbon team at 6 and me at 8.

The Papelbon owner also is 3 wins from gaining 3.5 points.

Anonymous said...

I may be able to make-up four or five point in saves if everything goes right - Wickman remains the closer and Meadows does too.

Carmona and Cabrera are already taken as is Seth McClung are already taken.

If I had Paplebon, I'd likley stay where I am in Saves if Wick and Meadows no lobger closed.

That'd leave me with the loss in Wins, HRs and RBIs.

The other team had 58 points in 4th and I have 53.5 in 6th.

Anonymous said...

Here is the HR category.

My team is the Homers. The other is the Postal Monkeys. Both of us are tied for 4th.

HOME RUNS
Team Name Year Wk PTS
Bald headed Mo`Fo`s 149 12.0
Balco 136 11.0
Homers 134 10.0
Pistols 133 8.5 Memphis Mafia 133 8.5
Boogie Beane 130 7.0
Maddogs 124 6.0
Postal Monkeys 123 5.0
Goodfellas 119 4.0
Scrambled Greggs 118 3.0
The Buzz 85 2.0
Killer Bichons 80 1.0