Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Top 100 Midseason Update

BaseballAmerica.com: Prospects: Top 100 Midseason Update

With just 6 of the Top 25 available in next year's minor league draft and all of them being pitchers, I have considered doing the unthinkable - trading my picks!

With a 15 point lead in my NL-only league and a money-finish within a good HR day in my AL-only, I see no reason not to burn the picks in a push this season.

Sounds fairly routine for most people, but not me.

The question in my NL league is whether or not I should deal any future chips with the lead I have.

I think I will if only to reinforce my lead, but it depends on the offer. When a "bailing" teams asks for a $5 Jeremy Hermida and Troy Tulowitzki for a $22 Dave Roberts when I have a 21 SB lead on the third place team, I wonder whether I'll be able to deal chips even if I wanted to!

(Oh and I have Raphael Furcal already.)

No comments: