Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 63 And Counting

Francisco Liriano reports himself to be back fully from November 2006's Tommy John Surgery. Will this affect the Johan Santana talks? With feeling congealing around the twins having blown the chance to land major league ready players for Johan, maybe the appeal of Santana and Liriano at the top of the rotation will offer hope (false?) that the Twinkies can compete with Cleveland and Detroit.

TwinCities.com - Twins' Francisco Liriano says his arm feels great:
"His velocity? 'It's back. The past two weeks, I was (at) 95, 94 (mph),' the 24-year-old Dominican said.

His endurance? 'I'm throwing bullpens the same length as before surgery. I'm in shape.'

His pitch selection? 'I'm throwing all my pitches now. Sliders, changeups, everything - no problem.'"

No comments: