Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 68 And Counting

Who are these pitchers?

Pitcher A: 230 IP, 3.95 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 140 Ks.
Pitcher B: 221.1 IP, 3.71 ERA, 1.24 WHIP, 139 Ks.

If you guessed Joe Blanton for Pitcher A and Roy Halladay for Pitcher B, then you win. If you think you can get Halladay at the draft for the same price as Blanton, then I want to be in your league.

No way Blanton goes for much more than half of Halladay's draft salary. Yet they appear to be the same pitcher based on 2007' efforts.

2 comments:

Dom E said...

I'll throw another in there for you: 202 IP, 3.70 ERA, 136 Ks, and 1.396 WHIP.

Adam Wainwright - A little higher on the WHIP but I have a feeling that will be coming down this year after his 1.25 second half WHIP. Wainwright's going much later than Halladay but I think he has more upside and limited downside. Thanks for counting us down, I can't wait...

IMHO said...

Excellent point. Halladay appears to be over-valued, no?