Friday, January 18, 2008

Day 72 And Counting

What is Toronto Blue Jays' SP Dustin McGowan's value? I was recently told I could not acquire him for anything less than a $5 Joakim Soria. McGowan is $10, and both players have the same contract in an AL-only 4x4 keeper league.

The explanation was McGowan was a $25 starting pitcher. This would put him in the realm of John Lackey and Daisuke Matzusaka, two pitchers who went for $28 and $27 respectively in last year's auction draft.

Is McGowan going to be that good in 2008?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope so, as I have him for $3 in a 5x5, AL only, $260 keeper league.

Andrew said...

I hope so too... he's my team's 3rd starter. If he keeps doing what he did for the last half of 2007 then you should have nothing to worry about.

IMHO said...

Thanks for contacting The Answer Guys.

IN a 4x4 league I would rather have Soria at $5 than McGowan at $10.
Soria will be worth like $15 in that format while McGowan will be worth
$10.

Shawn (CDub)

savethejellyfish said...

I'd rather have $10 McGowan. I think he'll be one of the top 20 AL starters.