Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Brandon Webb Update

From ESPN.com chat

Pete D. (Litchfield, CT) Hello Stephania. Should I wait for Brandon Webb? I'm in a 12-team H2H and my top 3 SPs are Jimenez (COL), Nolasco (FL) and Kershaw (LAD). I'm fine with rolling with my stacked offense (Pujols, Wright, Tulowitzki) and legging it out until May, but only if you say he'll return and show decent value. Thank you.

Stephania Bell (3:03 PM) Hi Pete: If it's my team, I wouldn't be holding a spot for him. The biggest problem I can see is that his problem has not clearly been defined. He's having very similar setbacks to the type he had last year - and that's after a surgery! And in surgery they didn't find much. The problem is still a puzzle - and while the Diamondbacks are saying all the right things, it's hard to have confidence in this situation. I'd be looking for someone else who can produce for you right now.


NL-Only keeper draft tonight and I am leaning towards avoiding Webb at any cost.

No comments: