Thursday, May 20, 2010

Top 10 Player?

Jason Heyward, Andrew McCutchen and Elvis Andrus have the talent to maintain their hot starts - ESPN:

"Let's take a look at other notables I ranked quite a bit better than the consensus:

Andrew McCutchen, OF, Pittsburgh Pirates: He's the No. 10 hitter on our Player Rater, and I see no reason why this can't continue. McCutchen is not raw. He doesn't strike out too much, isn't overpowered by right-handed pitching, doesn't rely on home splits … he's a monster. I could see him stealing 40 bases and hitting 20 home runs as soon as this season. I ranked him 29th overall, but the staff average was 44. Whether to rank McCutchen or the ailing Jacoby Ellsbury higher was an easy call for me. It's the one who's playing, and running."

Better than Justin Upton.

No comments: