Monday, July 25, 2005

Source: Nevin Likely Will Accept Deal

Source: Nevin Likely Will Accept Deal

This looks like a classic my-shit-for-your-shit deal.

Ponson is Bartolo Colon minus the production. ( Although any person who lives in Aruba and gets fatter while there will always have my admiration.)

Nevin has morphed into a Petco-intimated girlyman.

The question is which one is worth anything. Nevin's production should increase with the change in ballparks. I'd grab him if there is an opening on your roster, but if you'd have to waive an Emil Brown for him, preserve your FAAB and wait for something better.

Ponson may be worth a flyer given the pitcher-friendly confines of Petco and the fact Big Sid will get to face the pitcher after every 8th hitter. My guess is he pitches a gem while on no ones team and then throws a stinker after a team successfully acquires him.

I'm staying away becuase I'd need to waive Kent Mercker. Use that as a gauge at how valuable I think Ponson will be. (I also anticipate Matt Cain being recalled and have nowhere else but Mercker's spot to activate him into.)

No comments: