Monday, September 19, 2005

After a busy weekend -stag on Friday, Mets-Braves on Saturday and Jets-Dolphins on Sunday, I feel I can maybe, possibly get back to some blogging.

A note from Saturday: Mike Jacobs' HR was a bomb!

As I watch the season end in personal disappointment, I feel my energy sapping for regular season posting. A sort of learned helplessness behavior.

Some good news this AM was Jorge Sosa's elevation to the #3 starter on the Braves. As I hold him at $1, he should provide some interesting bait beginning in two weeks.

I have marked as a big 2005 Bright Spot my dealing of an out-of-time Jason Isrignhausen for $10 Dontrelle Willis. This was a perfect example of making a trade I was guaranteed to win regardless of what happened in Saves.

Which, in a spot brightening way, worked perfectly as I rode Tyler Walker, picked-up Duaner Sanchez and dealt Jerry Hairston for Armando Benitez on 8/15.

Hence, maintaining my spot in Saves while improving in Ws, WHIP and ERA.

Another lesson was "punting" saves. This only worked, though, because I watch the free agent pool looking for closing candidates like a hawk over a meadow looking for mice. If I punted Saves and passively waited for a pitcher on my staff to become a closer, then it would have failed.

Dontrelle's 13 Ws were much more than I expected at the time of the trade. (Should be 14 by now, but Cy Young resume buttressing by Mckeon hurt on Saturday.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!