Monday, September 05, 2005

Ronny Cedeno

Recently, I read something quite dismissive of Ronny Cedeno. (Why isn't there a link? isn't that why you blog?)

Apparently, Dusty baker did not. To quote:
"He's pretty close to me,'' Baker said. "Yeah, he's real close. He can run. He can hit-and-run. He works hard and is respectful -- confident but not arrogant. He has to work on getting his throw truer. His throw now kind of runs into the runner. Those are things we have to work on and correct.
"I have always wanted to have a Rookie of the Year. I know how much it means to the organization and the person because I could have been Rookie of the Year and wasn't. He's going to be a fine player. It's a matter of when we have to clear a spot for him, and do we hold somebody in reserve in case he doesn't do it?''

Seems I was closer to the truth than that unlinked sports writer. And considerably sooner (6/29/05).

No comments: