Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fantasy Football: Drafting From The 2nd Spot

The unique Rotisserie Musings 2009 Fantasy Football Rankings continue with a look at the team drafted with the 2nd pick. I conducted a 12-team PPR draft in which I selected for each team. This has the effect of showing where particular players actually go in drafts and demonstrates a commitment to selecting kickers and defense/special teams at the end. As a matter of fact, I didn't bother selecting any.

PositionPlayer
QBMatt Ryan
RB1Matt Forte
RB2Clinton Portis
WR1Anquan Boldin
WR2Anthony Gonzalez
TEDallas Clark
FLEXCedric Benson
BN1Derrick Mason
BN2Chad OchoCinco
BN3Jamaal Charles
BN4Kyle Orton

3rd pick
4th pick
5th pick
7th pick
8th pick
9th pick
10th pick
11th pick
12th pick

2 comments:

Matt said...

Matt Forte is definitely an unconventional pick there. Why Forte over MJD??

IMHO said...

Thanks for bringing that up. I am not convinced MJD can carry a full-time rushing load and maintain his deep involvement as a receiver. In a PPR format, those 60 receptions are what makes one look past MJD's lack of 1,000 rushing seasons. The Marion Barber example sways me.

Forte was a full-time back as a rusher and receiver. I think the addition of Cutler helps him as it should force a man out of the box.

I have the 2nd pick in a PPR on Monday evening and expect to take Forte, but a slight change in either situation i.e. injury could make me change.