Friday, November 13, 2009

Fantasy Baseball Sleeper

Riggleman: Guzman a second baseman | nationals.com: News: "'I don't know if Desmond will be the shortstop, but as I stand here right now, I would be happy with it, because I know what kind of effort I'm going to get,' Riggleman said. 'I know the energy that he brings to the team. I know how athletic he is. I'm excited about Desmond's future. He has a future somewhere. It might be this year.'"

This doesn't comport with the anonymous NL sources who told FOXSports the Nats want veterans Alex Gonzalez or Adam Everett to play SS for their last place, going nowhere team, but it is the kind of statement that strengthens a sleeper like Ian Desmond.

Over the past three seasons, Desmond has seen his SLG go from the high .300s in 2006 to the high 400s in 2008. At SS, he is a sleeper. Add-in double digit HRs and 20+ SBs and you have the potential to send the on-line baseball community into spasms of apolexy if the Nats waste space on a veteran SS.

No comments: