Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Start Sit: Shonn Green

From Sunday's comments:
"How effective Greene is is still up in the air. He is not a change of pace back and Thomas looks great. To me, it is not clear how much work he gets especially if he does not chip a rusher or two early in the game. Second, the Raiders are so pathetic that his effort last week could be a major fluke."

Close enough. I know there is a waiver wire rush to pick-up Houston Texans RB Ryan Moats following his very impressive game, but let Greene's follow-up to his very impressive effort act as a warning. Not only did Moats do it against a crappy run defense like Greene did, Moats also has a healthy #1 ahead of him like Greene had with Thomas Jones.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I think in my 10 team league it's looking more liks sit/drop than start/sit. It was totally slipping my mind that he is really not in line to get a ton of carries. Starting McCoy sure did work out though, plus my opponent benched Favre (why?) so I beat him by 8.

Unknown said...

Split backs cannot be a concern until the very end of the game. So accustomed to full time backs accumulating touches through out the game that we tend to panic when a time share back doesn't have to touches/production early in a game. Whether it was LeSean McCoy or Ahamd Bradshaw, one cannot second guess until the game is done.