Wednesday, January 06, 2010

2010 Fantasy Baseball: Adrian Beltre Projection

I pointed out Chicago White Sox 3B/OF Mark Teahen won't surprise me if he hits 20 HRs with his new team given his career efforts at Cellular Field. After listening to the hosannahs and wildly optimistic projections for the new Boston Red Sox 3B Adrian Beltre, I wanted to do the same.

A quick peek at Beltre's career efforts at Fenway Park show this to be a useless exercise. At 179/299/232, no projection would be useful. Worse, Beltre didn't play at Fenway in 2009 so his worst season doesn't even work to drag down his stats.

I don't expect any upside surprises in Beltre's 2010 season. 25 HRs, 80 RBIs and an AVG in the .260s is about right - assuming good health.

2 comments:

fantasyconsultants said...

Assuming good health is right. Talk about cashing in on one contract year with the Dodgers.

Unknown said...

A big assumption, and one I'd bet on being violated. I just can't follow the herd of popular opinion.

Just hope the US never turns into the type of State that rounds up dissidents and jails them. I'd be a goner.