Sunday, January 10, 2010

MLB Trade Rumors: Johnny Damon To Atlanta Braves

Boston Red Sox - A central issue is how Ellsbury will handle move - The Boston Globe:

"One team mentioned is the Braves, which would be ideal since Damon lives just a few minutes from their Disney spring training complex.

“Atlanta would be great,’’ he said. “I’m wide open. There are a handful of teams who, in my opinion, could win and I’d like to see what kind of availability there would be with those clubs.’’"

A Scott Boras client lobbying in the press? There has got to be some fire with this smoke, right?

While I'd expect Damon to be productive, I would not look for a 20 HR season away from the comfy right field confines of New Yankees Stadium. Last season, Damon looked to be consciously pulling the ball to take advantage of it.

No comments: