Sunday, January 03, 2010

Start Sit: New Orleans Saints and Cedric Benson

For those who still don't see the wisdom of excluding Week 17 from fantasy football play-offs relevence, get ready to sit your QB Drew Brees and then take a guess as to which WRs head coach Sean Payton considers too valuable to risk an injury. I'm guessing Marues Colston, but can't really differentitate amongst him and Devry Henderson and Robert Meachem. I admit to curiousity about whether Meachem could produce without a QB of Brees' stature.

Thanks to the NFL flexing the New York Jets/Cincinnati Bengals game, most fantasy football players need to call the result of the Houston Texans/New England Patriots game in order to start RB Cedric Benson and WR Chad OchoCinco. If the Patriots win, then the Bengals play-off seed is locked.

As for the Indianapolis Colts, no way QB Peyton Manning, RB Joseph Addai and WR Reggie Wayne are starts. The question is whether WRs Austin Collie and Hank Baskett(?) can be productive with Curtis Painter under center. I am doubtful, but, gratefully, do not need to make that decision. A look at my actual decisions for my Week 17 win-and-I'm in roster is telling.

I am sitting Cedric Benson and Marques Colston in favor of Antonio Bryant and Matt Forte. See, I already had to sit Brandon Marshall for Jabar Gaffney. So, if you can, pick-up Gaffney as my #1 Worthless All Season But Decisive Fantasy Play-offs Determiner.

No comments: