Friday, June 23, 2006

Ask Rotomusing

Q3: Tony J Asks:” My question is this, I know Anthony Reyes has had arm problems in the past, but he has been OK for a couple of years now. Is it possible that his problems were corrected because of a mechanics issue, or should we look for him to be the next in a long line of promising pitching prospects who are injured quite often?

A: RM responds:

"Thanks for the email.

I’m not a doctor nor do I play one on TV, or radio, or the internet…..But I would be surprised if his injuries did not recur every so often for the remainder of his career.

My gut feeling on Reyes is he is going to be one of those Rotisserie starting pitchers who is always drafted/protected but can only remain healthy enough for 30+ starts every other/few seasons a la Kerry Wood.

(I’d have used Mark Prior but Wood has been following the pattern much longer.)"

No comments: