Saturday, June 24, 2006

Ask Rotomusing

Q5: rayg asks,"Is it time to drop Andy Pettitte? He served up a grandslam to power hitting Scott Posednik tonight!!! I have Anthony Reyes to bring up to go along with the following roster of pitchers: Bush, Penny, Myers, Glavine, Soler, Billingsley, Patterson and Saito. I am leaning toward dropping Pettite-your thoughts??

A: Rotomusing responds,

"Thanks for the email.

If I had to choose right now, I'd drop Pettitte. I know that is a hard decision as Pettitte was phenomenal last year and Roto seasons are made on buying-low players, but he has been horrible for almost half a season.

I dealt him for Jason Lane a month or so ago, and despite Lane's struggles, I have never regretted the move.

The one caution is Pettitte is getting his buddy Roger Clemens back, and this may help Pettitte focus better.

Holding off activating Reyes for another Pettitte start or two would not be a bad decision."

No comments: