Monday, June 26, 2006

Elizardo Ramirez

As I was checking the free agent pitchers available in my NL-only league, I scrolled to Elizardo Ramirez for the nth time.

See, I've never been able to believe my lying eyes(sub-4.00 ERA & 1.23 WHIP), and only relied upon the impression his disastrous appearance in 2005 left (8.46 ERA & 1.93 WHIP.)

After checking his vitals - 23 years-old, first major league appearance in 2004, I have begun to intuit that Ramirezx may, in fact, be a sleeper in the making.

If he maintians his current performance, he will have value going forward this year and should be grabbed in NL-only leagues.

I still have concerns about a rookie pitching in Great American, but, regardless how the remainder of 2006 plays out, he will be on every sleeper list beginning October 2, 2006.

No comments: