Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ask Rotomusing

Q7: Kamikaze P asks,"Though Kenji Johjima's not bad so far, I've benched him the past few games in favor of Napoli (4 missed HRs adn 9 RBIS :( )

well... question is, will be improve from his performace so far? I was expecting more power from him when I drafted him relatively early."

A: Rotomusing responds:

"Thanks for the email.

Prior to my AL-only draft, Johjima hits 2 HRs, and teams wondered what that would do to his draft day price.

He ended-up being drafted for $18 while the top catchers went for $20 (Varitek - ), $18 (Posada) and $14 (Hernandez). Toby hall went for $6 and Jason Kendall went for $7.

Given those prices, I'd think Johjima would have gone for $6-$12.

Only a week or so ago, I discussed this with another league member and we both agreed Johjima's draft price was inflated by those two first week HRs.

Then he went and hit 4 more this past week.

I doubt Johjima will have another week similar to the past one, so do not start him in hopes of a repeat 4HR/9RBI week.

Mike Napoli is clearly the top catcher with the Angels and the only one with an excellent OBP.

Stick with Napoli."

No comments: