Thursday, June 29, 2006

Matt Kemp

I have been self-flagellating over not selecting Matt Kemp in my minor league draft because he only walked 25 times in 400+ ABs and struck out 92 in High A.

His explosion onto the major league scene last month caused me to reassess that decision. Maybe I should have focused soley on the 20+ HRs and SBs?

I couldn't think of anything else that would have made me select him over the Cubs Eric Patterson.

Now, I sense the league has caught up to him as he has struck out 19 times in his last 40 ABs and 30 times is 88 ABs overall.

Unfortunately, I still rue not having him as he should get quite a bit in a bail trade.

The hype surrounding his torrid start will blind at least one bailing team into overlooking his last 40 ABs and only focusing on the 7 HRs.

No comments: