Wednesday, May 03, 2006

AL Progress

My AL team has fewer glaring problems than my NL one does.

It has good starting pitching, a closer, power and SBs.

What it hasn't received are good seasons from Casey Kotchman, Adrian Beltre, and Aaron Hill on offense, and Bruce Chen on pitching combined with inconsistency from Barry Zito and Scott Baker.

I expect Kotchman and Beltre to get better but would not be surprised to see Aaron Hill continue to play himself into becoming one of the better players in the free agent pool.

The biggest surprises have been Jason Giambi and Jonny Gomes. Both players are hitting way beyond what I'd hoped for. When they come back, I hope at least one of my frigid hitters would pick things up.

Bruce Chen is thisclose to getting cut. Scott Baker isn't that close at all to being sent packing though, and neither is Zito.

Going forward, I will be focused on cutting bait on my poorer performers and on the lookout for Saves.

No comments: