Monday, May 29, 2006

NL C $$$ Range Examned

Rotisserie Baseball Musings: NL C $$$ Range

At the 1/3 pole of the season, I went back to look at my predicted dollar ranges fpr NL catchers.

In general, I see no glaring mistakes. Josh Willingham has been the best catcher-eligible. By far.

Brian McCann is has done better than anyone suspected, but I did have him as high as $12. He's certainly earned more than that though.

Looking back, I would have lifted Miguel Olivo into the $7+ range. With my perfect hindsight, I see that Josh Willingham would not share catching duties at all and would have Olivo in the 450 AB range. This would have pumped his HRs in double digits and the possibility of double digit steals would have loomed heavily.

I missed, slightly, on Dioner Navarro - not because he did not hit but because Russ Martin has caused man-crushes throughout the scouting community. However, I was aware of Martin.

With 2/3 of the season left, any of the other catchers who have under-performed could easily smack a few HRs and meet expectations.

No comments: