Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Tony Womack

Tony Womack goes from being designated for assigment by the Reds to batting lead-off for the Cubs.

One need not any further information to make an educated guess which team is doing well and which is not.

The Cubs couldn't score runs last season and are struggling again this season to do so.

GM Jim Hendry attempted to address the OBP at the top of the line-up by pursuing Raphael Furcal, acquiring Juan Pierre and ending Corey Patterson's time as a Cub.

Pierre has struggled to get on-base, but only one other Cub can perform as well as he possibly can and still do worse - Tony Womack.

The fact that Dusty Baker has not learned anything from last season's OBP-deficient line-up is solid proof that he is no longer capable of managing this team and should be fired.

(The Roto reason being his love affair with Neifi Perez.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, I lost your email, but I'd like to get in touch with you. Drop me a line at matt@rototimes.com

But, just so my comment isn't completely off-topic, I do agree with you 100% -- sometimes I think Baker tries to defy the numbers just to prove he can win with his "baseball guys."