Friday, April 14, 2006

Dewon Brazelton has quickly been dropped back to Jaime Navarro status. To think I thought he may have turned a corner based on his great spring K:BB. I didn't draft him in any leagues, but I would have still liked to have been right.

Adrian Beltre stole his 4th base yesterday. He has almost as many SB as hits. That is not exactly what I had hoped for when I drafted him. Actually, I had hoped for Eric Chavez's 5 HR. However, those stolen base totals may get another team to expect more of the same in a trade, so I won't complain too much. Yet.

Still no idea who will close in Florida, but I wouldn't pay closer value for any of them until a few saves in a row are strung together.

The Justin Verlander ROY campaign took a hit after yesterday's bombing. He may still pitch well this year, but expect more of the same - one good start followed by a nightmare that more than erases the good from the good start.

The Yankees are a team that you never want to see your ptichers going against despite the A's and Angels handling of the line-up. They are pre-humidor Coors Field every night.

Brad HAwpe? Go grab him so you can get nothing exciting.

1 comment:

savethejellyfish said...

In my leagues, I've been grabbing Cesar Carrillo and stocking him in the minors since I think that the back end of the Padres rotation is weak and that eventually Brazelton and Chan Ho Park will be exposed - and Woody Williams will go down with his annual injury.

Most of the spring training stats were a mirage. Obviously Thome wasn't, but Ryan Howard, Jason Lane, and Beltre all kind of are disappointing so far.