Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Baseball America - Prospect Hot Sheet

Baseball America - Prospect Hot Sheet

I am somewhat surprised that Kevin Goldstein left Jeremy Hermida off the Top 20 Hot Sheet. He is in AA and has all the sabremetrics that make minor league projecting easy. To date, .315 AVG 10 HR 9 SB 41 BB .466 OBP and .591 SLG

Not to mention that he is a player who has been projected to develop power as he got older. Just like Miguel Cabrera.

Maybe Hermida played the ugly step sister to Jeff Francoeur for so long that he is overlooked. (Francouer's 2005 at AA - .284 AVG 6 HR 8 SB 9 BB .325 OBP .486 SLG)

(Disclaimer: I took Francoeur three years ago in my minor league draft and would have taken Hermida two years ago in the Top 5. I dealt for him this past off-season in a prospects for Burnitz trade (Hermida Cory Hart and Jayson Nix). That is a .333 I can live with!)

No comments: