Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Brazobhan Revisited.

Rotisserie Baseball Musing: 04/01/05

The link is to my April 1st posting on the value of Yhancy Brazobhan.

Now that Gagne, YB's value is retained in the closer-in-waiting role. He was successful filling-in and this increases his value, too.

I'd say he is more valuable than a middle of the road starter like Tom Glavine (of the prior years and not of this season-to-date!)

His main impediment is Gagne and his contract. Barring a trade, YB will not see too many saves over the next couple of years.

For this reason, I would seek to deal him for a decent hitter. Something along the lines of Kaz Matsui (still lots of upside) or Placido Polanco (very underrated after screwing Philly or getting screwed by Philly depending on your perspective). Maybe a Hee Seop Choi or Daryle Ward.

I may attempt to acquire if only to test my valuation.

No comments: