Saturday, May 14, 2005

Closers

Tyler Walker looks like the closer in SF. He is an imposing pitcher, and a height/weight criteria (6'3 255lb). That seems to be all Alou needs to give him the job. I have an intuitive sense that he will remain the closer.

Brian Fuentes is the closer in Colorado now that Tsao has been DL-ed again for a shoulder injury. I do not expect him to hold the job as he is left-handed. Facing the predominantly right-handed hitting will not withstand any length of time in Coors Field.

I like Ryan Speier but he is currently in AAA. When he was sent down, he expressed a displeasure I'd characterize as "competitve." If given another chance, I believe he'd succeed as he ptiches froma variety of different angles which could help confound the difficulty of Coors Field. Of course, Colorado may not get enough save opportunites to make a difference.

No comments: